5.09.2010

motherhood #9

by Ashley:

Being a mother is the hardest thing I've ever done but it's also the best thing I've ever done! One moment my kids will be driving me crazy and the next moment all I want to do is cuddle them.  I try to remember everyday how blessed I am to be entrusted with such sweet spirits.  Everyday I have with them is a gift. But when I do get down on myself and my abilities as a mother it helps me to think about some of my favorite things about being a mother.
  • When they are hurt, they want me and only me to comfort them.
  • Hearing them call me "Mommy"
  • Helping them learn something new and look on their face when they get it.
  • Cuddles in the middle of the night.
  • When they tell me that they love me.

I'm very grateful for my children and for everything they teach me. They are the greatest example to me and I'm blessed to call them mine. 

1 comment:

LyndiLou said...

I love hearing "Mom" and knowing that my little one means me. :) Happy Mother's Day!