5.14.2010

motherhood #14

by Katelyn:

Growing up, I always knew I wanted to be a mom. When I got married, my husband and I decided to wait until he was done with school to have kids because we thought it would make things easier. Little did I know that nothing makes having a child any easier because it is the absolute hardest thing, yet most rewarding thing I have ever been through.

I'll never forget the way I felt when they FINALLY laid Brady in my arms. After 10 hours of labor, 2 hours of pushing, and feeling complete and utter exhaustion he was here and healthy as ever. I'll never forget the way he looked up at me when I spoke to him. He knew me and I knew him. What an amazing bond we had been forming over the last 9 months that was so intensified when we finally met face to face. I had been dreaming of this moment for so long and it was everything I had hoped it would be. Everyone told me how hard it would be, how little sleep you get, how difficult the baby blues are but no one really told me how much I wouldn't care about those things. The love I felt for my son completely surpassed all the difficulties. Yes, I was tired...beyond tired...but it was more than worth it.

All women are natural mothers whether we have children or not. For me, I finally felt like a mother when I had my son but I know that I was a mother before he arrived. A mother is a woman who is an influence in the life of a child.
“In a hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the type of house I lived in, or the kind of clothes I wore. But the world may be much different because I was important in the life of a child.” ~Author Unknown

I am grateful to be a mother. I am grateful for my mother, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, my grandmothers-in-law, my sisters, sisters-in-law, cousins, aunts, friends, etc. who have set such an example for me even if they don't have children of their own. I wish I could be like all of them wrapped into one. I would definitely be super mom if that were possible :)

♥ Happy Mothers Day to ALL Mothers! ♥


No comments: