that is not what this story is about.
but its the reason i've spent the entire morning cooking and baking.
something you should know about my kitchen:
it is small.
as in, there is probably a square foot of prep area.
so sometimes i use the stove as a spare counter.
earlier, i had made rice krispy treats with a fabulous chocolate topping. it was sitting on top of the stove in my favorite pyrex dish, minding its own business when some idiot (that would be me), turned on a burner. only i didn't pay attention to which burner. i'm waiting....waiting....waiting for the water to boil and nothing is happening. oh well, i carry on cutting tomatoes while i wait. and then suddenly there is an explosion and then next thing i know there is glass every where. you guessed. the burner i turned on just happened to be the one the rice krispies were sitting on. well after the initial shock of shattering glass spewing all over the kitchen, i came to my senses and realized what had happened. and then the rice krispies caught on fire. and i lost my senses again and still didn't turn the burner off.
a reminder of why i love my husband:
as i stand there in my kitchen
staring at flames on the stove
and crying about all my hardwork ruined...
he is busy putting out a fire.
not to worry. we are okay. i miraculously came away from the traumatizing event with only a small burn on my fingers. oh and our apartment smells horribly of burned marshmallow and smoke. add reason #234 to the list of why i can't wait to move: bigger kitchen.
p.s. feel bad for me that i have to throw away everything i made this morning. call me crazy, but i just don't feel right serving food items with a side of glass shard.
p.p.s. the good news of the day is my blog has come back to life! what a happy surprise!