8.08.2008

a tribute to my car


Actually, this is less like a tribute and more like an apology to my beloved 2001 Chevy Prizm:
I'm sorry for the time I carelessly backed you into a large dumpster that had, unbeknownst to me, been place in our dorm's parking lot for moving out week. That put a real dent in the bumper.
I'm sorry for the time I deserted you in Logan canyon after loading you up with firewood and then locking the keys inside. I promise the hitch-hike home was not that great.
I'm sorry for the time I hit that pathetic bird and allowed you to watch it explode. I've never seen feathers fly like that.
I'm sorry for the time I parked you by a construction site on the day they were pouring cement. You look good in gray though, promise.
I'm sorry that I drove you back and forth from San Diego twice, with a few trips to St. George and Las Vegas as well. I was almost as hot as you were.
I'm sorry that one of those drives to San Diego was with a broken fan belt. Actually, it was a broken screw holding in the fan belt. Rubber rubbing on metal doesn't sound very good.
I'm sorry that I left you out on my wedding day. Saran wrap. Paint. Balloons. Root Beer. Enough said.

In all reality, my car has been my little side-kick for the past 4 years. And it's ridiculous to get sentimental over a car right? But, the time has come to sell it and I'm a little bit saddened by the situation. I am now handing it over to some 16 year old for the price of two months of rent in Boston (and living car-less for the next two years. Hello, public transportation.)

6 comments:

The Searle Family said...

Ha ha Kali you are funny:) I liked the stories you have about your car:) I will see you soon!

Rowbury Family said...

LOL...you are hilarous! And no its not bad to get sentimental over a car, especially your first. When we had to sell my first car to pay for one of Lucas' surgeries, I was totally bummed! Just think of all of the fun times that the next owner will have! I understand.

susette said...

oh, this made me a little sad to read. You have had some great memories though in this cute little car of yours. What about all the trips home from Logan to be with the ones who love you most?

Laura Lee said...

Hi Kali - I Love your Blog!!! It was so fun to read, I loved reading about your courtship with Wade. Go Public Transportation!!! What an adventure!!!

The Bischoff's said...

Hey Kali- It's Shannon Jen Bilbaos sister- I think you are going to like Boston! You will have to call us when you get here! If you have any questions call me! James spends ALOT of time in Boston and knows it pretty well so he could help Im sure! Cute Blog by the way!
603-882-1028

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Hahaha this post is hilarious. Thanks for giving me a good laugh today :) Good luck selling it and GOODLUCK using public transportation!!