10.27.2008

new calling and then some...

Yesterday I was called to be the new ward chorister...which serves me right. As soon as I heard the current ward chorister was moving soon, I immediately started teasing Wade about the fact that they would need a new one and they would probably call him. Weekly, I would say, "Soon that's going to be you up there..." Psh. I don't even know how to lead music.

We finally got a couch, which turned out to be to a ridiculous endeavor. We were confronted with 3 problems.
1-no large transportation (and a couch wouldn't exactly fit on the subway.)
2-tiny winding stairs and hallways
3-lack of time
So we rented a Home Depot truck hourly, drove down to Ikea, got lost 2 times, bought the couch, brought it back to the North End, turned on the hazard lights on our "NO PARKING" street and kept a close eye as to not get towed or ticketed, as we hopelessly tried to get the couch through the building's front door. I'm guessing we were quite the sight, especially since I was whining the whole time, and I quote, "WAAAAADE, its too heavy. I can't do it. I just can't." Poor guy has a wuss for a wife. So we ripped all the cardboard/cushions/lining off the couch, somehow got it up the stairs, only to find that it WOULD NOT fit through the front door. So we left it in the hallway for two hours while we took the truck back and rode the subway home. Good thing we had a genius neighbor who told us how to get it inside. Now we don't have to sit on our kitchen chairs to watch TV! hurrah!

Everything is going well. Except for the fact that Wade tricked me today at the grocery store and traded our 1% milk for Vitamin D. Which disgusts me. Of course I didn't notice until we got home. His punishment? SKIM MILK. FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

Here are some pictures from our recent excursions:

This is our precious home away from home.

This is the pumpkin festival where they had over 30,000 jack-o-lantern's all lit up.
It was amazing!

This is our delicious fried dough...
...at the Head of the Charles Regatta races.
Here we are pretending we know how to play instruments.

This is our new favorite restaurant. Best chips and salsa ever!
This is the fruit my mom bought for us. She went crazy at the farmer's market.
This is at the Old North Church, which just so happens to be right in my backyard. And yet, I still never managed to go over there.
Mike's Pastry, famous for their cannoli's. But personally, I find them to be repulsive.

8 comments:

susette said...

Oh Hurt my heart!! I thought the oatmeal raisin cookie was so delightful. I am so curious as to how exactly you got that couch in that front door of yours. Do tell!

vie said...

one time i took a 4 hour nap in the confessional box at the old north church, and i'm not gonna lie, it was amazing.

Jillian said...

Ward chorister--you'll be great! It's actually not that hard once you read the back of the hymn book. It has instructions there on how to conduct. I was the ward chorister my freshmen year. I was super nervous at first (felt the same way you did!) but it ended up being one of my favorite callings.

Until the called me to be Primary chorister this year. I love that even more :)

Good luck with it! Let us know how you like it.

Meagan said...

Kali i miss you! Your pictures are all so cute! You're photography blog is so fun to look at you're doing awesome! Love you! Miss you!

Amy said...

my insainly cute, loud laughing, "Amy, do it again, you look exactly like Hammy" friend. oh how I have missed you. I am happy to see that I am still a friend on your blog. I lost your blog name for a minute and I wasn't sure how to have "my buddy" list but let me just tell you, I've got one now and you're going straight to the list so I will never lose you again! I love all of your exciting pics, and I'm glad you'll travel the world so I don't have to. :) I am so proud of your photography stuff too! yeah! clap clap clap.

Jason and Lesley said...

Kali!! Long time-no see! You look like you're doing great! Congrats on the wedding!

Shauna said...

Congrats on your new calling :)

ashley.warner said...

Kali!

I came across your blog tonight! And I must say how cute it is!! :) It looks like you and the hubby are doing so great!!
Keep in touch! :)