11.25.2008

my current pet peeves

the twilight craze. This is in no way intended to offend, so if you're a Twilight fanatic, you should read no further. Stephenie Meyer is a bad writer. There's just no way around it. Yes, maybe the story is intriguing, but she writes like she's 10. You want to read a good book? Try To Kill a Mockingbird, or The Kite Runner, or The Road, or A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, or When the Emporer Was Divine. For heaven's sake, if you're going to read a book, read something good. The series nor the author deserve the credit they are getting. Also, Bella is scandalous. Her lust towards Edward is ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there LITTLE GIRLS who read this book? And we complain about teen pregnancy. Give me a break.
*Disclaimer: I, Kali Poulsen, have read every single last page of this series. So I am the last one to talk. But it's like Pam in The Office when she says, "You know what they say about a car wreck, where it's so awful you can't look away?"
blog stalkers. You know you all do it. I'm the first to admit. For some reason, we like to snoop on other people's lives. But I'm not talking about the casual blog stalkers. I'm talking about the people who actually think it is their duty to scrupulously investigate the lives of complete strangers, and then have the nerve to proclaim to the world the faults they see. Take, for example, my friend Paige, who is an adorable, quite happy and in love newlywed. Is there anything wrong with that? Well, this guy seems to think there is. Um? No one ever asked you, jerk face. You don't even know her. Also, if that isn't enough for you, you can read about Wade's high school friend's wife who wrote something completely innocent about her husband's ex-girlfriend and got attacked by complete strangers here and the comments left here. My point is, it's basically creepy how much other people care about things that don't concern them. Also, they have no lives and must really, really miss junior high.
Tina and Paige, I hope you don't mind me making another public display of your blog :)
my umbrella that flips inside out when I'm walking to work, leaving me soaking wet and looking like a fool who is having a fight with an upside down mushroom. Speaking of umbrellas, let's talk about the man who walked right up next to me and said, "Lift up your umbrella lady, would ya? You got no class." Excuuuuuse me? There I am, walking along the sidewalk, when YOU dart across the street, run up behind me, and bump YOUR head into MY umbrella and I'M the one with no class? Like I should magically know that you're going to run into me and lift my umbrella up higher so you don't walk into it. Here's some tips for your future umbrella run-ins, sir. First, watch where you're going. Second, when you make a mistake, don't blame someone else. Third, work on your own class.
my computer that is so slow I want to throw it out the window. This is my excuse for my lack of blogging lately. I just don't have the patience. Which leads me to wonder...am I so spoiled by technology that I expect everything to be fast, or is my computer really, truly, a piece of junk? (and I'm just going to go ahead and answer that question myself, by the simply telling you that it takes 3 hours to open up my wedding pictures...just the file...I can't even look at them.)

Do I sound angry?
I'm not.
Just irritated.
and annoyed.

9 comments:

Jen said...

Amen on the blogstalking! I would rather have strangers talking crap about me on their blogs than my friends using my blog content to gossip about me though. True story.

Tina Fraidenburg said...

Amen, sista. Amen.

Scott and Kristy said...

I Agree with you on the twilight books,Well everything you said. We miss you guys

Unknown said...

Oh, blogstalkers are SO creepy!! That poor Paige! I'm SO glad I at least had a hunch who my blogstalkers were...those people were random, horrible, crazy people!? (And no, I didn't mind!)
But I really can't believe the nerve of that umbrella dude...your umbrella was obviously there first?? Some people are just impossible! :)
Hope you guys have a Happy Thanksgiving!

LyndiLou said...

I hope that you're feeling better after your rant! ;) It's good to dump all your feelings somewhere... :)

The Searle Family said...

Kali I love you!! You just made me laugh so hard. I miss you guys. Hope you are doing good. I need to call you so we can catch up.

Jillian said...

Amen about "the girl." I never understand why they act so surprised.

Anonymous said...

*cheers* I am so glad to FINALLY hear someone on my side about the Twilight series!! *blechs* My biggest peeve about them??? That they are sold as *air quotes* LDS Fiction... *raises voice* There is nothing LDS about them!!! 'cept a writer that has a dippy female character who tries to break all the Standards for Youth. *calms down* Maybe I shouldn't blog stalk Kali when she is having a bad mood moment... *deep breath* I'm okay now....hope UR2.

paige and jord said...

kali! thanks so much for stickin up for me- i still am getting random strangers comments on my blog saying how immature me and my "posse" are... yatta yatta. people's lives seriously are so sad!
and although we dont share the same twilight views :) i love you to death!!!! im glad to see that you are doing well!