10.20.2008

i finally did it.

I can't really explain why it has taken me so long to do this...
maybe it's because I'm my own harshest critic.
But gosh dang it, I want to be a photographer.
and I've got to start somewhere right?

kalipoulsenphotography.blogspot.com

there's not much on there yet, but I'm hoping to update often.
comments are welcome...and so are criticisms.

I emailed my entire ward out here and told them I wanted to take their family pictures for free to get some good practice in.
Little did I know, I was taking on quite a big job. I am now trying to schedule about 16 families/newborns/kids within the next two weeks before I start my new job. I'm so excited though! The weather has been great and the leaves are starting to turn colors, so I should hopefully be able to get some good ones.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

Wow, that's a big project! But I'm sure you're going to do fabulous because your site pictures look awesome.

susette said...

Boston is Beautiful. The people will love you and what you can do with photography. Let us know how it goes when you get started with those families. Thanks again for the great fun times spent with you while there.

Dave and Pam said...

You are a natural. Besides writing children's books, you are a gifted photographer as well. Your ward should be paying you! Hope your mom had a good time...and you and Wade too!

LyndiLou said...

Good for you!!! I think you'll do great! And how nice of you to be willing to work with all those people! They better all just LOVE you forever!!!