7.31.2009

red+white+blue


IMG_2961j
IMG_2960j

Our 4th of July in Boston was so fun! Every year, Boston puts on a show called the Boston Pop Spectacular in an outdoor theater along the Charles River, which they show on TV. Well, we've heard the crowds are pretty ridiculous, so we went to the dress rehearsal the night before to avoid the pushing and shoving on the actual 4th. Our good friends the Pulsiphers (who wade so lovingly calls the Pulsi-FIRES)got in line super early (thanks guys!) and we got some fairly good seats. But then we had to wait like 5 more hours for the show to start. But don't worry...we brought games, and food, and Wade had his Harry Potter book handy...even during the show...


The best part of the show? Neil Diamond made a special appearance! What is more American than singing "We're Coming to America"? I was pretty excited.

On the 4th, we had a city-style bbq (which sadly, means that we stuck hotdogs and hamburgers on our good old George Forman grill) with the Pulsiphers and went out to Cambridge to watch the fireworks across the river facing the city.


Once again, we had to wait for a really long time. And there was a drunk man next to us who was very angry at Miriam for not having any "dope" to share with him. And then he fell on our chairs and I was afraid. But besides that, it was the best fireworks show I've ever seen! They shoot them all off from big barges in the middle of the river. aaaaamaaazing!

Miriam got cold, so she put the camp chair covers on her legs and I laughed. A lot.

I like glow sticks.


3 comments:

LyndiLou said...

The fireworks sound AWESOME!!! All except the scary drunk guy, of course! ;)

I love seeing pictures of you and your cute pregnant-ness!!! I'm still sooo super excited for you! :)

Jason and Lesley said...

Kali! I love your blog, it makes me smile. :) Looks like Boston is pretty fun and you are such a cute pregnant lady. :)

Love said...

Awww how fun! I love the fourth of July! I would like to celebrate in on the east coast sometime! My husband has been to Boston a few times, and he liked it! Although, his preference is the west coast. So luckily for him, that is where the army sent us! lol. But I would love to go to Boston!