12.02.2008

spiky bones

http://www.lds.org/audio/pdf/ENSN_2008_12_14_BoudTJ_EnergyDrinkEpidemic_02212_eng_017.pdf

I've tried at least 4 times in the past year to quit drinking diet coke. But I've never really had any motivation besides the fact that I was addicted and I got headaches if I didn't drink it. Well, thanks to our lovely Ensign, I am now SCARED of diet coke. I haven't had one since I saw this picture. Thank you, you precious, inspired caffeine article.

Also, you should look at the picture of the spider webs...its like a spider on crack. only...not.
I think I just compared caffeine to crack.

7 comments:

susette said...

good job girl, keep it up!

Jillian said...

Hey, Lyndi showed my that spider picture online too (probably from you!) but I had NO idea it was from the Ensign. WOW! Very interesting. Good luck with kicking the habit! You will be blessed for your efforts I'm sure!

Felt Family said...

I feel ya..it was hard to get off pepsi, but you really just FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! Now, if I could only convince my husband...:)
Good for you!

McKenna said...

Thanks for posting that, I am going to use that for my lesson tomorrow in Young Womens.

Meagan said...

ha ha i love you kali! What is new?? i need to be updated.. love you! miss you!

Anonymous said...

my name is Lisa and I am a diet coke addict... I am now 3 1/2 years sober. I just had to keep telling myself that I would not let some beverage call to me and let it win. It still calls but saying no is very empowering (and healthy!). I too loved that article and hope that lots of my friends read it too. You can do it!!

LyndiLou said...

Oh Kali... GOOD FOR YOU!!! *:D* I remember drinking soda ALL the time as a kid. I didn't even drink the caffinated kinds and it was STILL sooo hard to stop drinking it. I realized that it just wasn't that good for me. But... I've done it... and I don't really miss it. :) You are great and you can do it. It will help YOU feel better and you'll be around longer for your family! I'm proud of you!