3.18.2008

good day

good day reason #1
I spent the morning at the dentist's office...you know, getting the usual check-up. The only thing about this "usual" check-up is that it wasn't usual at all, seeing as the last time I had been to the dentist was approximately nine years ago. You think I exaggerate? No. No i do not. Well, I walked into that office, very well expecting to have at least nine cavities (one for every year, of course). Don't you worry folks, divide that expectation by three. For those of you who are disinclined to do math, the actual amount of cavities in my mouth is 3. If you ask me, thats a good amount for nine years, no?
good day reason #2
I have been purposely avoiding getting my hair done for quite some time now. I am scared of hair stylists. It's a real life fear of mine, simply because of the fact that every new person I try somehow destroys all my hope for ever having a normal head of hair. Well I had a brave moment on my drive from the dentist. I felt I should reward myself for the wonderful care I have taken of my teeth. So, on a whim, I called and made a hair appointment and found myself in a salon an hour later. And GUESS WHAT. I have found a permanent hair stylist. Yes, I said permanent. As in, I love her with all of my heart. I have the same feelings towards my new hair as well.
good day reason #3

My manager at Winger's is dating the cutest lady ever. I've known her for a couple years now and we have always gotten along great. She's one of those people you can have intense and deep discussions with. I very much trust her judgment and views on life. I also adore her cute little daughter who happens to love being thrown in the air after she runs up and down the aisles of the restaurant. Anyway, I don't really see her that often. Today, I walked into Winger's...and there she was. I was so happy to see her and she gave me a big hug when I walked in. Then, she started to cry. I was so worried something was terribly wrong with her. Don't you fret, she was crying tears of joy...because she was so happy to see me. Isn't that precious? We ate lunch together and had a great chat as always.
good day reason #4
I have the greatest friends on the planet. Even if they do sucker me into editing their homework for them while they play on myspace (don't get mad, I love you Tiff.) I was greatly rewarded with a present, called the new Jack Johnson CD. Which is my "good day reason #5"
good day reason #5
The new Jack Johnson CD.
good day reason #6
I have the greatest boyfriend on the planet. He sent me a text today that would basically have made my entire day, had not all the other reasons already been making my day. It went something to the effect of, "I love you. I miss you. I want to be with you forever." Oh, and he's in Logan, and I'm spending my days in Orem (due to the whole dentist thing...), so I miss him a lot. I'm a little dysfunctional, I am well aware of that fact. If you ask Jana, the amount I miss him when we aren't together "isn't exactly healthy."
good day reason #7
I found out today that I'm getting a FAT refund from this wonderful democratic administration called the government. And by fat, I mean 1200 dollars. Apparently our economy is facing disastrous times and our dear, kind president wants to give us all a little boost by distributing extra money and hoping we'll all go out and spend it. I've got ya covered, Mr. President. Spending money is one thing I can do to help this country. Don't even get me started on the fact that I only make 2.15 an hour and how every stinkin' one of those 1200 dollars was well earned. That would just turn my "good day reason #7" into a "bad day reason #1"

I know I tend to write a lot. Just be grateful that it's not nearly as much as I talk. And to all of you who actually took to the time to read this whole thing...bless you.

2 comments:

kristen said...

kali, i keep posting on your blog and it keeps having a major mental freak out. I am sorry. I love your blog, I love your happy day, I love your pictures, I love that you made it through the dentist, I love Y-O-U.

Rowbury Family said...

Kali, I haven't talked to you in forever. how are you? anyways... i'm glad you are having a good day.