2.22.2009

i lied

I guess fate would not have it that the dear Poulsen's go without the internet for 14 days. For some miraculous reason, it's still working....so we're keeping our fingers crossed and anxiously expecting it to shut off at any moment.

Yesterday, I cleaned out our closets. This is quite the task for me, seeing as both closets are full of my clothing. Poor Wade's items have been reduced to a couple of drawers in the dresser. For some reason, I just don't have to heart to give up my clothes. And it's not because I enjoy wearing them so much. I still have shirts from ninth grade, for heaven's sake. I can assure you they haven't been worn since. So what the big deal about throwing them out? I'm emotionally attached to them, people. They all have special memories to me. Like the time my family drove up to Logan to surprise me for Easter and gave me a new shirt. Or the time I saw some old friends after a long, long time. Or the time I went to a Peter Breinholt concert at Sundance. Or Jack's Mannequin at In The Venue. Or the time we all wore green for St. Patty's day at Winger's. Or my favorite New Year's Eve where I randomly saw my brother at the fireworks. Or the shirt I was wearing when I saw the Statue of Liberty for the first time. It's ridiculous. So I have decided that either I must make a quilt out of these old shirts, or just take pictures of them. And since quilting isn't something I know how to do, I have resorted to pictures. This has increased our closet space dramatically. Say goodbye to some oldies, but goodies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should make a quilt from all your old shirts and then you can have all your old memories keeping you warm and clearing up space in your closets.

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your post was so funny to me, because I just cleaned out my closet and drawers yesterday, and I seem to be the same way that you are when it comes to purging clothes...every piece of clothing has a story and it is SO hard to part with them, even though I don't wear half of them. I think your picture idea is a great one! :) Wish I would have though of that!?