4.21.2009

the latest and greatest

I feel like I disappeared. Not just from the blogging world, but from the entire world in general. The sad truth is I spend most of my time these days in bed or on the couch. I'm told this sickness goes away at the end of the first trimester...and I'm counting down the days (and hoping I don't turn out like my mom who was sick for 5 months!) I'm probably going to be struck by lighting for publicizing this, but I don't know how people have more than one child after experiencing it once. I guess it is somehow worth it in the end... :)

Last month, Wade's parents came out and we drove down to Newport, Rhode Island. We saw the famous mansions and got to tour the Breakers. Supposedly, they are just summer houses for rich people back in the day. psh. someone had too much money on their hands... We also did the cliff walk. There was so much fog! I've never seen such a thing! (Thanks mom and dad Poulsen for the great week!)
Yesterday, we went out to Copley Square to stand at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. My heart hurt for those people. They looked like they were in so much pain! But I was also very proud of them. I sure as heck could never do that. It was so fun to be around all the excitement. Hopefully next year we can get a better spot.
One thing is for sure...the humidity is back and ferocious as ever. This weekend is supposed to be 85 degrees and rainy! Hello!! We're just asking for trouble here. Seriously...I would muchly appreciate any genius ideas on how to defeat the frizz that is my hair.

On Saturday, our ice cubes did a strange thing and built an upside down icicle. It was interesting, but not that big of a deal to me. Wade wanted to blog it. I said no. He said why not? I said because it's dumb. He said fine. and then created his own blog just to spite me. For your reading entertainment, I present to you:
Wade's World
He finally has a place to ramble. and now I don't have to edit.

I'm coming home on May 15. I have never looked forward to something so much. I can't wait to see family and friends, visit my favorite restaurants (probably every day), look at mountains again, and breathe some utah air. Also, Cooper is coming home from his mission and Niki is getting married. hurrah!

other news....wade is crazy busy with school writing a new paper every other hour. Somehow he still takes such good care of me. I randomly put my photography blog on craigslist last week. I have no other ideas of how to advertise...but apparently its working! I have some engagements anda wedding coming up! I am so EXCITED!! our apartment is a mess...we are now accepting visitors in exchange for housework. Jared and Susan are coming out in a couple weeks and we can't wait! There is also a little trip down to NYC in the plans to see my friend Tiff who is coming out. Yay! We've been looking for apartments for the fall and its a disaster. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that rent is the amount of a large mortgage payment. But on a better note, spring is here and I couldn't be more happy about that!

7 comments:

Doran & Jody said...

I hope you start feeling better soon!!! Do I still get to git you that dress?
I am trying to find myself one too. Dark blue...sheesh....no where to be found.

LyndiLou said...

Ohhh Kalie deary, you'll be feeling better in no time! :) That little baby is just making your body re-vamp it's plans for all your food and energy right now! ;) Make sure to eat and drink as best you can and you'll feel better! You're doing an awesome job already... that little one needs you! :)

Your pictures are awesome and I think it would be fun to work with you someday... I have to remember to talk to my family about pictures. :)

Yay for Spring at your place, could you bring some of if with you when you come home?!?

K. Bitton said...

I am sorry you are so sick! Try eating saltine crackers before you even get out of bed, just have them on a nightstand or next to your bed. I can promise you that it is all worth it in the end. You will be surprised at how easily you'll forget exactly how you feel right now. Plus, being sick is a good sign that everything is going OK with the baby! :) I'm excited to see the pictures you take. I bet they will be beautiful! Hang in there! I hope you feel better soon! (Oh and if you tell your doctor, he will be able to get you some medicine!)

susette said...

Kali dear, I love your hair! AND... you already seem to have a motherly glow in your face! I'm so excited for you to come home too.

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations on being pregnant!!! I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well. I'm due in two weeks and I've wondered how women have so many children too, ha, cause right now all I can focus on is how UNCOMFORTABLE I feel all of the time. I've heard you forget how it feels... I swear I won't forget though ha. Anyway, how exciting. You should feel better in your second trimester. Contrats :)

Whitney said...

I'm sorry you're so sick!!! But if it makes you feel better, the Dr. told me that when you feel sick it means the baby is doing good, so I guess it makes it ok? (Barely though ;))
You will get your energy back though and barely feel like you're pregnant (hopefully, I know everyone's different). And then it will go away coz then you won't be able to sleep at night because the baby will be kicking you! Being pregnant is so fun! ha ha
That's crazy Cooper is coming home soon.
Time flies!

Launi said...

Hi Kali,

I have a tip for you honey. Actually two tips. Morning sickness has more to do with not eating than eating. It is very important to keep something in your tummy all the time. Even if you eat a bite of a cracker in the middle of the night when you're up to use the restroom. There is a little soul snagging all your nutrients and that is what makes you feel gross. So, if you make yourself eat something--especially protein--every two hours--I promise you--you'll feel better.

Second thing. This will sound weird, but trust me---this is what I do for a living (work with expectant moms). Buy a small jug of real maple syrup.
First thing in the morning mix a couple of tablespoons with a tiny bit of warm water and drink it. It sounds strange or maybe awful---but again, please trust me on this. You will feel better very fast. It will help you feel like eating something real and that will help you so much.

Sorry for the long post. We love you!